Old April 29th 09, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan D[_2_]

Default Aircraft Recovery Dolly

Quite a few other examples there also, including this:

"Jay Masino" wrote in message ...
I bet those tiny wheels would be a bear to push around on asphalt
runways/taxiways/ramps. Also, I wonder if the wheel arc would cause a
problem... you'd definitely need to remove any wheel pants.

Dan D wrote:
These?

"Jay Masino" wrote in message ...
Here's a design that I've been mulling over. Since I don't have the
ability to weld something up, I was considering a double thickness
of 3/4" pressure treated plywood. If you can get a 2' x 4' piece, then
cut it in half and glue/screw the two together to get a 2' x 2' slab of
plywood that's 1 1/2" thick. Then mount 4 of something like these:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...029422_1029422

using through-bolts, fender washers and locknuts.

You'd get approx 1200' capacity with not too much cost.

--- Jay

--

Jay Masino "Home is where My critters are"
http://www.JayMasino.com