Old January 21st 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Default Mid-air in California

Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

C J Campbell wrote:
That fact that it is extremely rare probably does not make anyone
involved feel any better about it.

There were four souls lost in the collision between a 152 and a 172.
AP and CNN say one of them was in a car in the ground and the rest on
board the planes. UPI says two of the victims were on the ground. I
suppose it will take some time to straighten out what happened.

And, true to form, the ABC station's live-on-the-scene bimbo noted
that they had been unable to determine yet if either plane had filed a
flight plan with the Corona airport. Good grief.

I stopped paying any attention whatsoever to that stuff years ago lest I
drive myself to apoplexy over it.

It's gaurunteed, every time.

Bertie