Old April 2nd 20, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Damn you, COVID-19!!!

Ah Joel, I sure miss the minden n air sailing area! And isn’t that the way of things, fantastic wx only when we can’t fly (no tow plane, no tow pilot, china virus, terrorist threat etc lol). My son was driving up thru southern Utah yesterday, bases were over 16k and streeting as far as the eye could see. It looks like this year is a bust, but I am still planning on making some record attempts. First in south texas, and maybe later out of tonopah if the 1-26 championships are cancelled. I have an auto tow set up, so if you want to do some flying and air sailing, minden, and truckee are still shut down in june, your welcome to join me in tonopah
Dan