Old April 6th 21, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default new SSA web site

What Hank and others have said about the members.ssa.org site being a "fallback" option to get to the old site systems is mostly true.

However, the situation is _RIPE_ for confusion because the New website shows an Events Calendar and a Racing Calendar - but the information on those was just copied from the old site at a point in time. It is NOT updating as people change information on the members.ssa.org website.

This means that over time the information on www.ssa.org and members.ssa.org is going to drift out of sync (it already has done so for some events). So visitor "A" will look at an event on the new calendar and visitor "B" will look at an event on the old calendar, and wind up with different information!

As I have said befo I am sure that there was the best of intentions; but this is an absolute mess. Its not about being afraid of change or not liking the new look & feel. Its about the management of the project, the systems, and thinking through how these new systems will actually *work* and be interacted-with by the Membership and the Public.

--Noel