Old November 16th 04, 05:33 AM
Scott D.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:42:38 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

That's a great deal - thanks! It does bring up a question I've been meaning to ask.
How impact-resistant are LEDs? I drop regular flashlights a few times a year, and I'm
wondering if the LEDs will take that better than standard bulbs. Nothing quite like
having to drop what you're doing and head to the hardware store 'cause you just broke
your last bulb.

George Patterson

I have one of these attached to my headset.

http://www.tacticalflashlights.com/p...olight-two.htm

I took the ring off of it, and attached it with a small piece of
velcro. It has been there now for 5 years and about 1000 flight
hours. I check it every now and then and it still works like the day
I took it out of the package. You can either push the button in for a
momentary light or there is a small slide switch to keep the light on
for hands free use. Its so lite that I dont even know its there, plus
when I do need it, its right there and I dont need to go digging thru
my bag or a side pocket or have to worry about dropping it. With it
velcroed on, I know that the light is pointing in the direction my
head is looking or I can take it off and readjust it. You can also
change out the battery if you accidently leave it on and kill the
batteries.

Scott D