Old November 16th 04, 05:31 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Icebound" wrote in message ...
Maybe you night flyers may be interested in something like this to throw
into the emergency kit:

5 inches overall, doesn't give the weight. Handcrank 2 minutes charges it
for 30 minutes of light. 3 bulbs: can use 1 to save power or all 3 to get
more light.

20 bucks US.

Site will not display if you block cookies:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...,40 725,45454

Change currency=1 in the URL to get Canadian prices.

I always carry a couple items in my pocket: Two Photon Microlights,
(see http://www.photonlight.com/) one red and one white and a
Leatherman Micra. The lights get dropped, banged around and generally
abused. I just replace the wafer batteries every 6 months to a year.
No problem.

They make great backup flashlights that I can always find. Nice for
tracing wires under a desk at work, helping with preflight, or
handling failed panel lights for three examples of their use.
Lifetime of the batteries is some 5-6 hours continous usage.

The lights are allowed into Washington DC's museums and public
buildings, but the knife isn't. Causes a ruckus at the metal
detectors I've found. The lights pass right through though, along
with the metal ring I have them on.

-Malcolm Teas