Old November 26th 04, 08:47 PM
Chuck

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "Chuck" said:
"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
Nobody is *forcing* you to buy what you can't currently afford, you

know.
Back before credit cards existed, people actually saved up money ahead

of
time for major purchases, instead of all this "buy now and pay later"
instant gratification stuff.

If I get a new job and have to go to Sears and buy $2,000 worth of tools,

will not be able to pay the balance off in one month. But I gotta have

the
tools if I want the job.

And if you get a bank loan instead of carrying it on your credit card, the
interest rates will be *much* lower and won't go up on a banker's whim.

That's what I did when I needed a $5000 computer to set up my computer
consulting business right out of college. Ok, initially I was stupid and
used a credit card, but I changed to a bank loan as soon as I could get
one.

That's fine, but what if my credit is poor and I can't get a bank loan?

---