Old December 13th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

Default Glider rides

Tony V wrote:

Clearly (to me), you need the advice of an aviation attorney.

That said, Some clubs offer "rides" to the public as "introductory
lessons". The fee includes a one day temporary membership. The new club
member is then taken for a glider flight. Dunno if the FAA (assuming
US)or insurance company go along with this.

Tony V.
http://home.comcast.net/~verhulst/SOARING

Well, I don't know why they wouldn't if the "rider" gets a log book with
an entry as dual training. As long as the glider pilot is an
instructor...the side benefit is that is they really like it, they may
pursue learning to fly and drop even more money into the club's lap

I know that worked for me