Old October 23rd 06, 02:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo Charlie

Default Discus verus Discus 2, LS8, ASW 28

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message

Neither does the ASW 28 canopy. Starting with the ASH 26, Schleicher has
incorporated a Roeger hook or equivalent in it's gliders. I believe the
LS8 has also has one, or DG has made one available for it as a retrofit.
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

Not sure what a Roeger hook is but the LS-8 has a spring loaded mechanism at
the front of the canopy which releases and at the same time a clamp at the
back of the canopy that latches resulting in the canopy getting blown up at
the nose and over the back. Sounds like a much better way to exit than
anything else I've heard of.....other than an ejection seat of course!

Casey