Old October 25th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.ultralight
Dean Scott

Default 503 part name

What is the official name of the part I would call the stator or
magneto housing for a free-air cooled 503 engine? This part would
replace the typical part called the Fan Housing, but DOES NOT have all
the extra casting meant to hold the forced-air cooling fan... it's
just a simple spacer ring cover instead. I know these exist, at least
for a similarly configured 447, because a friend has one installed on
their 447 and it is definitely a factory original part as it has
"Rotax" cast in raised letters.

I can easily find what's called the "Fan Housing" that sells for the
outrageous price of $435 (canadian? from ultralight.com), but have no
idea how to locate the piece free of the fan support and how much it
would be. I shutter to think it too would be in the multi-hundreds of
dollars and why.

Any help out there?

Thanks.

Dean A. Scott, mfa