Old March 29th 05, 12:02 AM
309

You might want to check the solder connection beneath the BNC
connector.

A friend of mine had the performance of his JRC take a serious
downgrade, and he opened up the case and found a split solder
connection beneath the BNC connector, with a quick re-solder all was
fixed. Shortly after I had the exact problem and solution with my

JRC.
It now works well!

Mike Reyes

Though it may not have been exactly the same problem (I suspect it
was), I had an lack of transmit capability with my ICOM IC-A22. This
was using both the rubber ducky and connecting to an external aircraft
antenna, so I bet it was the internal BNC connector in the handheld.

I sent it in for warranty service (under $50.00) and it came back
working great. I've even used it for Diamond Altitude and Diamond Goal
flights...in a 1-26!

Another thing to consider (though I suspect the cluprit is
"lips-too-far-from-microphone") is that "directly above" an antenna is
the "cone of silence." Remember to advise people NOT to point the
antenna at folks you're trying to talk to: make sure the antenna is at
an angle (90 degrees is best).

-Pete