Old September 17th 05, 02:36 PM
Beav

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Sat, 17 Sep 2005 02:13:51 +0100, "Beav"
wrote:

It's "The ********" when it's good. Something that's "********" on it's
own
is bad, but something that's "THE ********" or "the dog's ********" is
good.
A LOAD of bollcks is te same a "it's bull****".

So ********, is like the hip gangsta wannabes of the 80s using "bad"
to be good or (get this!) bad...

Yeah, like something that's "hot" is "cool", something that's "good" is
"bad" and it's even gooder when it's BAD. Man:-). You learned all that
reverse crap from us y'know.

Here endeth the first English lesson, which was actually the dogs goolies
of
a lesson, even if I do say so myself:-)

I'm glad someone does.. hehe

The "Dwayne Dibbly" look. "Dwayne" is the Duke or Dork and stars in the
occasional episode of "Red Dwarf". His anorack is to DIE for, as are his
teeth. (You need to be a fan of course)

I haven't had the pelasure of watch and episode myself. I
occasionally see it "airing" on my cable system's BBC channel, but
never stop to check it out.

I believe there's a Yank version now, but it WON'T be anytihng like the
original. I mean how can you Yanks get your heads round a cast of characters
that consist of "Dave Lister", a toilet cleaner who eats chicken vindaloo
from an old sock and thinks he's a guitar god, "Arnold Rimmer" a vending
machine "tech" that doesn't know his arse from his elbow, but thinks he's
gods gift to quantum mechanics (he's also a hologram as he died in an
radiation leak he caused) and he can't touch anything or BE touched). The
other characters are "Kryton" a series 4000 'roid with the wisdom of the
universe programmed into him and "The Cat", who's a cat at the end of 3
million years of evolution in Red Dwarf's hold (Red Dwarf's the name of the
spaceship), and occasionally "Holly", the on-bard computer with an IQ of
6000. (Actually it's 6, but that's by the by:-)

It's THE cult TV show to watch and it's VERY cleverly written, as there's a
lot going on that requires a fairly open mind.

I do stop for the occasional Benny Hill
or Kenny Everet show tho.

Oh please. If Benny Hill's face appeared on my TV, the next thing to appear
on it would be a steel toe-capped boot thrwon with every ounce of strength I
could muster.

The term's used
to describe someone who's obsessive about their subject, (often one that
bores everyone else within range, like train spotting.) It's most
commonly
used in jest, to imply someone just knows that little too much. Someone
who
spends all day on their computer (and waffles to anyone who'll listen
about
Linux, or memorises aircraft specifications, or football statistics
could
all be called Anoraks.

Indeed they could (a-)

I have a neighbor like that (Except the football part. I doubt he
knows what a football looks like...)

I doubt I would either. I believe I saw one once at school, but that was as
I was ducking out of the lesson for a ciggie. Once seen, never kicked.

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)