Old November 12th 19, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default 1-26 Racing

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 2:54:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Bob I never had the pleasure of meeting Harry but I have been chasing many of the records he put up in the SE region. He made some incredable FL flights!

This last year I had the pleasure of racing in the Moriarty Nationals. Pete is the fellow with Bulldog, really great guy. I was racing #225 red n white A model, had a ball n reworked my gold distance on a pre race flight. You cant ask for greater flying and greater guys!

Hopefully I will be in Kansas in 2020 to once again visit the 1-26 nationals, kind of making it a yearly venture. We do have a new glider pilot in our club that is 1-26 crazy and is in the market for a good D or E model. I can see this guy getting interested in 1-26 racing. Let me know if you know of anything good available. Bob