Old November 21st 03, 05:30 AM
Chris Hoffmann

Just praying at the home dinner table is becoming something of an
anachronism these days, but there are still families (like mine) who do pray
before dinner at restaurants. I can't say that that applies at McDonald's,
because we hardly ever have a sit down dinner at a fast food restaurant, but
if we bring home some KFC, yes we set the table and say grace.

I've had similar experiences - twice in college, once in a mall parking lot.
Sometimes it's enough to tell them my father is a minister (which he is),
but other times they do what your two gentlemen did. All you can do is
excuse yourself and go elsewhere. Some people take the "go ye therefore and
teach all nations" line a BIT too seriously. I think it's great that they
have placed such importance on the souls of others, but badgering a person
isn't the way to convert the masses.

As I said, Dad's a minister, and he would be appalled by behavior like that.
I never asked him why he of all people wouldn't appreciate zeal like that,
but then in all the bible studies I had as a kid, not once did Christ go
seeking out people to convert. They came to Him, and perhaps that's how it
should be.