Old October 16th 12, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Glider delivery

On Monday, October 15, 2012 7:56:06 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:10:14 PM UTC-5, (unknown) wrote:

What should one expect to pay for having a glider delivered...cost per mile?

Might depend on how much hassle is involved. Trailer that needs work or is unstable at any speed, I would charge more for. A Cobra that pulls great and makes my van actually get better mileage, my fee would be less.

What are you try to move and how quickly do you want to move it? Found out yesterday that the cruise on my car will hold 110 MPH!

Steve

Had a big dust devil about rip the front door off a CAP K-21 Cobra trailer in NM. Opened it and tore the sheet metal. They didn't have the keys, so I couldn't lock it. Lock the front door of a Cobra trailer people, parked or on the road.

I found that at and above 85mph my truck will stay in OD on the upgrades. At 75 it keeps kicking into 3rd, which is god awful. Mostly mountain west, the Ozarks, and Pennsylvania. No tickets yet.

Frank