Old December 12th 03, 09:00 PM
Jim

Hey Denny,
You know I think I had a dyslexic fit and typed 90 meaning 60. I do believe
you are correct and agree with you on the weight and the hp of the Wright
engine. I think that even if they never got any of Langley's grant money,
they might have had even more success if they had been more open minded and
at least viewed Langley's aircraft (if you can call it that) and it's
engine. The Wrights seemed to have a wonderful ability to take current
ideas or inventions and then re-think them either improving on them beyond
belief i.e.: wings, propellers, gliders, even bicycles or creating things
out of pure effort and imagination. I'm surprised that they didn't realize
this unique gift and welcome every opportunity to visit, observe, and study
other peoples efforts.

--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply