Old April 8th 20, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Seminole-Lake Accident

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 5:31:46 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Damn.

Let me add that NTSB/FAA are so clueless that I have seen multiple accident reports wherein a PTT was incorrectly described as "...the towplane released the glider...".

Condolences to all.

Last summer after the Nephi Fatal accident three pilots at the contest spent the next afternoon with the NTSB investigators. They retrieved the PowerFlarm with the help of one of the pilots. They asked me to download the flight. We went thru the entire flight with the investigators with SeeYou PC.. They were interested in help and asked many questions about the flight and gliders. They also purchased SeeYou PC from me so they could look at the flight further. These inspectors were not clueless! They were very informed and professional. They were also interested in our opinions about what happened. R Owens call if you want the investigator's name and details.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com