Old December 9th 05, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flight Planning PYM to DEN

With the tower, there's not much worry about Class B during office
hours. They'll keep you away from the north side (class B surface is
about 1.5 miles north of the 8-26 runway). If you're IFR you'll come
in on either 35 or 26 (ILS & GPS on both). If the winds are
horrendous, then you get 17.

As a rule, 8 and 35 are right traffic unless the tower says otherwise.
I've noticed lately that they'll often put the T&G students on 17/35
and put the rest of us on 8 with left traffic to avoid confusion. I
had to confirm left traffic last week -- I just didn't believe it!
And yes, they promised to keep me out of Class B.

When the tower is open, airspace is surface to 8000 MSL, otherwise
it's surface to 7000 MSL under Class B.

AWOS 119.025
Tower 120.20
Ground 124.7 yes, we know this is wierd.
FBO 123.0 (and also the Erie freq)

I live at FTG (well, the cherokee lives there) so let me know if
I can help.

blanche