Old November 7th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default When do controls return to neutral?

In a typical small GA aircraft, do the controls have a natural
tendency to return exactly to their neutral positions when you aren't
holding them and when you are on the ground? Do they have a tendency
to return to exactly neutral in flight if you release them in level
flight?

The reason I ask is that sometimes the controls I use in simulation
don't snap back to exactly neutral when I release them, and I'm trying
to determine whether this is more realistic or less realistic with
respect to a real aircaft.

I suppose it depends on the aircraft, but what is the usual case? And
if you happen to know how it behaves specifically on a Baron or an
A36, I'd be particularly interested to know that.