Old May 22nd 07, 10:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

Default Soft field landings - low wing vs high wing aircraft

On 2007-05-22, Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:
I've landed Cherokees and Cessnas on grass and I prefer the Cessnas. It seems
to me that the elevator authority is greater, or becomes effective earlier than
in the Cherokee. It doesn't take much to hold a C-172 nose up, particularly
compared to an PA-28 or -32. YMMV.

That's just Cessna -vs- a Cherokee though, nothing to do with high or
low wing. The Diamond DA-40 has tremendous elevator authority, and you
can keep it rolling on the mains only for just as long as a C172. But it
is low wing.