Old August 12th 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default Flarm in the US

On Aug 12, 6:03*am, Cats wrote:

I hope he pressed the mute button. *If he turns the power off them it
has to relocate the satellites and so on when he turns it back on
again. *If I turn the power off to mine I get a break in my IGC trace.

I think you must be talking about FLARM but the mute/off discussion
related to ZAON PCAS.

I hit mute on mine (ZAON MRX) in the situation described and the
display does still have some value but not a lot. I generally only
look at the display after an audio alert. There is enough to look at
outside in a busy thermal.

This is why target specific muting is so important if PowerFLARM is to
be any better than the MRX for transponder based alerting. As I have
posted previously, ZAON responded that they do not have enough
processor power to implement this feature in the MRX.

Andy