Old February 3rd 04, 04:41 PM
Gig Giacona

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Gig Giacona" wrote in message

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
ink.net...
Actually ending our dependence on foriegn oil would be pretty

easy
but
people don't want to do it. In round figures:

We import about a third of our Petroleum
Two thirds of petroleum is used for transportation

It is possible to cut transportation use in half through a
combination
of
fuel efficiency and more efficient trip planning.

The reason we don't is that the costs are horrendous. As for

trip
planning
and fuel efficiency, I'd like to see how Soccer Mom'sŪ driving

SUV's
and
mini-vans are going to improve their trip planning.

Ha....... I have no doubt that the mileage driven by Soccer Moms

could
be
reduced by 35% or more with a little planning. This is an argument

that
is
had often around the old homestead and whenever it comes up I ask

why
it
took 2 hours for what was clearly a 1 hour bunch of stops I can

show
my
wife
how it could have easily be done in a more efficient manner.

And she said, "so what"?

Actually it usually ends the argument because when what starts the

argument
is her saying she didn't have time to do something or other. I show

her
where the time went and Poof. I'm off the hook for whatever and I go

back
working on the plane.

Whatever works.

If it works, let me know -- I've been try for nearly 25 years to get my

wife
to combine trips.

It only works if she is in the "how do you expect me to get all this done"
mode.