Old November 28th 05, 11:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Mooney info?

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

All good info. Its hard to go wrong with a Mooney unless you are
short.
Fast plane made for tall pilots.

Why? Does the seat not move far enough forward to reach the pedals or
is it a visibility over the instrument panel issue? Obviously, I've
never sat in a Mooney.

There isn't a "good" position for the seat if you're under 6', IMO. I'm
5'11" and I very much dislike flying my friends M20F because of the way
I have to pull the seat so close to the yoke. Visibility over the glare
shield is poor, too. The overall feeling is claustrophobic compared to
a Bonanza or a 172.

Pre-201 Mooneys are not very fast, either unless they have extensive
speed mod's. My buddy's airplane is barely 10 knots faster than mine.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM