Old January 17th 20, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default WWGC.

On Friday, January 17, 2020 at 6:00:05 PM UTC-5, Al McNamara wrote:
At 22:21 17 January 2020, Charlie Quebec wrote:
It cost one pilot a win, that=E2=80=99s a pretty fair sanction.

So having looked at the rules, I can't see anything which forbids this in
this competition. No 'hacking' was involved. There are lots of freely
available sites that show the live data.

The UK competition rules were changed last year to specifically forbid
this, but the rules of this comp don't appear to have done so. I wonder
what the US rules say?

I'm guessing that it was from Local Procedures V9.1 para 4.1.1.c: Carriage of GNSS data transmitters for public displays
The organizers will require competing sailplanes to carry GNSS data transmitters to enable the public display of GNSS flight records during competition flights. Such display will not begin before the start line is opened and the actual positions of the sailplanes shall be displayed with a time delay of at least 15 minutes. This delay may be reduced to zero prior the finish..