Old October 13th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default TFR announced over New York City

Emily writes:

If I was calling the shots, I wouldn't call for air support. I don't
believe in shooting down an unarmed civilian airliner simply because it
MIGHT be used as a weapon.

But that's because you're a pilot. Most people consider aircraft to
be dangerous and potential terrorist weapons except on the rare
occasions when they are riding in an aircraft themselves. GA aircraft
are always suspect because normal people never ride in GA aircraft.