Old October 13th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt

Default TFR announced over New York City

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message
om...

Exactly, we ought to be launching the fighters at any sign of trouble.
I'm sure the F16 pilots won't mind.

Yes, for every automobile accident we should scramble the entire military
so as to spread panic amongst the entire population and show everyone that
'something' is being done. Never mind the fact no one knows what to do
where or why.

Dave, they actually did that in Portland during the filming of the movie
"The Hunted." Some ultralight pilot in Scapoose made a joke about flying
his kite into a building while he was fueling up, and the attendant decided
to freak out about three hours later. He called the police, who called the
OANG, who scrambled fighters up the river through downtown looking for
something to shoot down....

....nobody told them that they were filming a war scene for The Hunted right
near the industrial section/port about then. Apparently, some of the
background noise in the war scene includes scrambled F-15s wondering WTH had
just blown up.

-c