Old January 28th 09, 04:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_3_] Canuck[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default And more.... - CF-100_414Sq_100784_YXX_8-81_4.jpg

"Bob" wrote in message

Is that CF-100 on a stick the real 100784? Looks like the special
paint they had her in for the retirement, when I saw her at Abbotsford
in 1981.

Golly, that was a while ago...

Bob ^,,^

Hi Bob. I believe it is the real 100784. All of the aircraft on display are
as original and authentic as they were when they were flying.

This may seem like a stupid question....but since I'm unfamiliar with the
type and it was way before my time... maybe someone can answer this. The
Sabre they have on display appears to have a smoked glass canopy. Is this
representative of the type? Is this something unique to the Canadian
version? Pictures I've seen of this aircraft show a regular transparent
canopy.

Take care,

Nick