Old November 13th 12, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Tow Pilot Checkouts, Rough-Field Tri-Gears?

On Nov 12, 5:28*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
All -

Do any of the USA folks here on RAS operate in a club without a 2-seat
towplane? *If so, how do you check out new towpilots? *Do you find
simulated towing acceptable training?

On a related topic: Given the dearth of Robins in the USA for tri-gear
towing, does anyone have suggestions on a tri-gear towplane that can
operate out of a rough grass strip? *We now land on asphalt, but our
takeoff area has some broad swales and occasional mole-holes. *It has
spawned legends of bent Cessna firewalls; so a 180 or 182 seems to be
out of the running. *Any alternatives out there that are capable of
hauling up a loaded 2-seater like a G-103 or L-23?

Thanks,

--Noel

Socata Rallye, one for sale here in Logan I think.