Old February 23rd 14, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default Glider Crash Argentina

Article translation, not great but you'll get the idea:

The aircraft crashed to the ground around 17:50 hours on Sunday in a field located at the edge of the continued Palacios Avenue, about 3 miles west of the clubhouse local Gliders. Andrea is Heck, 27, of the town of Winifreda.

A female pilot dies after crashing in her glider

A young 27-year-old, identified as Andrea Heck and native of the town of Winifreda , was killed Sunday afternoon when she fell his glider in a field near Santa Rosa, about 3 kilometers west of the Club Gliders.

The tragic accident occurred around 17:30 hours . A group of friends who was at the club saw rushed to ground the aircraft. So warned the police emergency and just a few minutes after the accident they attended the medical and law enforcement personnel place to provide the first asitencias.

Two young people who rent a field nearby told El Diario who viewed spend 'too low' glider 'always see them around here, so we drew attention to be so low ... comes at a time when South to north, passing wires and returns again to the south but increasingly low, too low .... then we realized that something was wrong ', reported in the scene.

They added: 'when we peeked above the street canyon, we see that another neighbor starts running towards the place ... and inudablemente an accident had occurred. "

However, she was already dead. "It was a blow too" , said one of the paramedics of the two ambulances arrived at the scene of the accident.

Two young people who rent a field nearby told El Diario who viewed spend 'too low' glider 'always see them around here, so we drew attention to be so low ... comes at a time when South to north, passing wires and returns again to the south but increasingly low, too low .... then we realized that something was wrong ', reported in the scene.

They added: 'when we peeked above the street canyon, we see that another neighbor starts running towards the place ... and inudablemente an accident had occurred. "

At first, according to data provided by the provincial police, assists a police car had been frustrated because the aircraft was at an unreachable sector that out. Recent rains left impassable by the local road that had gotten.