Old June 13th 19, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Today is not the day

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 11:14:09 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Well worth the 8 minutes to watch and consider.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMT-...WMiQ9bbZ1H_MPY

This presentation would be more powerful if one inverted the basic premise to "Gliding is inherently dangerous" (easy to defend citing the energy involved, minimal protections, etc.), followed by "it's your job as PIC to mitigate the hazards and make good decisions that lead to safe outcomes."

I'm more careful with things I regard as dangerous than things I regard as safe. Aren't you?

best,
Evan Ludeman