Old February 24th 12, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default PowerFlarm and transponders while towing?

Agreed, software is simple for those who know how. It's just getting all
the wishes implemented.

BTW, I was referring to the tow plane's flarm. The glider could warn the
tug of any conflicts, couldn't he? Then I remember the incident in Boulder
a few years back...

"John Cochrane" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 5:47 pm, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
Not to sound like a smartass, but have you considered leaving the
PowerFlarm
off until release? Is the collision potential so great over your usual tow
route/altitude that you don't feel safe without it?

I've seen quite a few incidents in which the glider pilot picked up
the collision threat before the tow pilot.
This sounds like a pretty straightforward issue for flarm to solve --
writing software to know "this is the towplane, you're on tow, ignore
it" doesn't sound like rocket science.
John Cochrane