Old December 1st 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jay Allardyce

Default Komet Trailer Question

Hello All,

The sailplane I recently purchased came with a older Komet trailer
(1977 vintage) in need of some serious work. I was hoping to get some
perspective from those who may have a Komet trailer of similar
vintage.

Firstly, the actual coupling that hooks up to the ball on the hitch is
bent. Does anyone know of a source for a replacement. If we were to
purchase a new one from the manufacturer, would it fit on the older
trailers?

Second question is on the surge brake. Mine is currently deactivated;
however, I have a feeling it needs to be recharged. When I accelerate,
there is a loud bang which presumably is the surge brake moving. Does
anyone know how to fix this?

Any help or perspective would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jay