Old May 4th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Starduster Too...experiences?

Thanks Al

"Al" wrote in message
"david" wrote in message
My quest to find "the ideal" homebuilt bipe continues.

Has anyone got any build experiences with the Starduster Too? It looks
pretty, but is "pretty" another word for "very difficult"?

I have seen the AS&S web site - nice - so have to ask...do most people
buy kits in stages and build from that or what? Or do they just buy a
sheet of plans? (Can't believe that). It seems most folk in the UK buy
ready made from the States! Eek!

Anyone know what the 'hole' size is like on the Starduster? I'm well over
6 feet tall and 200lb

David

Hole size is about the only question I can answer. I too am tall. 6'2",
and 205, and I fit very well in either seat. My friend has just finished
his Starduster II(with a continental radial), and I got to taxi it last
weekend, it hasn't flown yet. The only problem I had was taxiing from the
front seat. There is a cross member just above the landing gear, that runs
about 5" behind the rudder pedals. With my feet on the pedals, my heel
jammed the cross member, and locked the rudder in position. It could be a
problem, so he'll probably disconnect the forward pedals when carrying
pax.

Al