Old February 28th 05, 03:16 PM
Icebound

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
My son is 10. He's more interested in video games than airplanes, so I get
him the occasional flying video game and let him fly MS Flight Simulator
on
my PC with the yoke. I buy him cheap electric rc planes that if they
break,
they don't break my heart or my temper. These he loves and plays with
without coaxing.

.... I also like the idea of encouraging his mechanical/technical aptitude by
helping him *build* the models from a kit. To start, simple rubber-powered
models that won't leave your backyard or an isolated corner of your favorite
park. Or even static models.