Old September 22nd 06, 07:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_6_]

Default New world speed record: 534 km/h!

Ramy wrote:

Since it is so complicated and confusing to try to make any corrections
on olc, many pilots just leave it as is.

I agree 100%. The inability of OLC to accept corrections when the OLC
system posts information not even closely related to what was flown is a
major weakness. I have experienced several examples in each OLC season
of what you have described.

The OLC is relatively unresponsive, and the USA OLC too uncertain as a
result. I suspect Doug has his hands full trying to present a system
which may seem sensible to its builders and decision makers but has
become increasingly unsatisfactory to its North American users.

I suggest we cut Haluza some slack, 'cause the problem is not on this
continent.

Jack