Old February 15th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
WingFlaps

Default Minimum rates of climb/descent for VFR

On Feb 16, 2:08*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote :

On Feb 15, 9:32*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
WingFlaps wrote in
:

On Feb 15, 12:31*am, "John" wrote:
No there are no regulations for climb or descent rates for VFR
flight.

*Only true as long as you don't bust airspace or aircraft operating
limitations...

Well, neither one has much to do with a vertical speed limit.

A dive which goes over Vne?

Well, yes, flight testing for instance. VNE is 10% below a tested dive
speed. Alos, as I posted before, some airplanes had an emergency dive
speed. Vd. I'd have to look it up to see, though. In any case, it's not a
legal limit, it;'s a design limitation.

Nope. It's legal from Far 91.7:

(a) Except as provided in paragraph (d) of this section, no person may
operate a civil aircraft without complying with the operating
limitations specified in the approved Airplane or Rotorcraft Flight
Manual, markings, and placards, or as otherwise prescribed by the
certificating authority of the country of registry.

Cheers