Old March 14th 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default On Sharing airspace with "non-rated UAV "pilots"

On Mar 13, 10:29*am, "vaughn"
wrote:
It appears that the Air Force is experimenting with non-rated UAV "pilots".
Since as a civilian pilot I could potentially be sharing the same airspace
with these folks, I am not sure this gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

Of course, the government could always "solve" any potential problem with
more restricted airspace...

That you may be surprised to learn that many F-16 pilots are not
rated. Its optional to take your civilian checkride. I have full faith
that the Air Force's rating requirements are more than good enough.

-Robert