Old January 18th 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM Portable - Firmware Update Available - Mode C TrafficNow Supported

On Jan 18, 9:25*am, Frank Paynter wrote:

Does this mean I don't need the ADS-B antenna connected to see Mode-S/
C traffic on my portable PowerFLARM?

Frank (TA)

Hi Frank,

You probably did not get the new firmware loaded. Piece of cake to
do. And you MUST have the ADS-B antenna installed to pick up Mode C,
Mode S, or ADS-B targets.

As to the comment in the installation instructions about "not blanking
your Mode C for a while in areas with poor radar coverage", you can
remedy this by using your "IDENT" button on your Mode C transponder.
Probably twice in a minute or so and it should figure out that you are
there and not a threat to yourself. I haven't yet had a chance to
test this.

Steve (ZS, VJS, KN)