Old May 1st 12, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Default Crunch Alert (USA) - hugely serious but (apparently) non-fatal

I have a ring mounted to the bulkhead behind the seat in my Ka-6, and that
was built in '63

Actually on a ride in a K13 in Germany I almost triggered the static line
when walking away from the plane. So you got to remember about that
"feature"

Pete

"Martin Gregorie" wrote in message
On Tue, 01 May 2012 10:27:26 -0700, GM wrote:

Don't know what the rules are in other European countries but I Germany,
wearing a chute while in training is mandatory. Since a static line
chute pulls the rip-chord for you, this is what we exclusively used in
our trainers. I have seen two guys bail out of a L13 (wing came off)
using static line chutes and both where fully deployed in a very short
time after exiting! Each European-designed glider I know of has a
hard-point to attach the static line to. Said hard point is marked in
red.

When did those hard points first appear? My glider, built in 1969,
doesn't appear to have one, so I'm curious.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK