Old May 2nd 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

Default Crunch Alert (USA) - hugely serious but (apparently) non-fatal

At 22:28 01 May 2012, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2012 15:12:01 -0500, Peter von Tresckow wrote:

I have a ring mounted to the bulkhead behind the seat in my Ka-6, and
that was built in '63

Interesting. Mine is an H.201 Libelle. I suppose the static line could
simply be secured to the tube behind the seat. This carries the forward
wing pin sockets and doubles as attachment for the shoulder straps so its

plenty strong enough but, on mine anyway, doesn't have a specific static
line anchor point.

Actually on a ride in a K13 in Germany I almost triggered the static
line when walking away from the plane. So you got to remember about

that
"feature"

:-)

I almost did that after getting out of an ASK-23 at the Wasserkuppe.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

What glider do you have Martin?