Old August 12th 03, 11:38 PM
Jim Weir

Craig Prouse

-Elections are administered by counties, but if you think about it, any
-individual's ballot is not necessarily the same as every other resident of
-the same county.

As a matter of fact, in the last general election in Nevada County, there were
something like 22 separate ballot styles for this one little county alone ...
combinations of 3 college trustees, several water district seats, some school
district races, supervisors, assembly, senate, congress, and so on and so forth
.... none of which have common boundaries.

-
-I think you're in AD 3,

that's true, although the website you show below is at least two years out of
date. Sam has been a senator for two years and Rick Keene has taken his place.

which being more rural includes Nevada County and
-six other counties. In your county, everyone gets the same ballot, but
-that's just because you don't have many people in your county.
-
-http://swdb.berkeley.edu/info/caljou.../assembly.html
-
-I hope you got my buck, and I hope I can find you on the ballot before the
-polls close.

I got your buck, but I don't acknowledge the generosity unless you bring it up
yourself. Unless it is $100 or more, some people like to keep their political
contributions a personal matter. O'course, with a buck a pop, we aren't near
the limit, are we?

Many thanks for your contribution, and half a dozen more of you on this ng that
I'll thank in public if they 'fess up to sending me money.

Thanks for the buck...and the vote. One-Buck-Weir and Two-Buck-Chuck...two good
reasons to live in California {;-)

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com