Old November 20th 03, 03:13 AM
John Roncallo

Potential Bo Buyer wrote:
Why is the market for late model V35B's and F33A's so flat. The
economic climate (real and perceived) and 90's run-up have a lot to do
with it, I'll acknowledge that. But there seems to be something else
at work in this market.

Are the Lancair Columbia and Cirrus SR22 substitute products for the
4-place Bonanzas? (For the sake of this post V35B's and F33A's are 4
place not 6 place airplanes. Keep it real.) To be honest, if I had
300K + in my budget I would probably evaluate the Columbia and SR22
first before considering a Bonanza. After all, they're faster with
fixed gear, won't corrode, have modern avionics and are 30 years newer
than the Bonanzas I'm considering.

It looks as if the once assumed appreciation rate for Bonanzas is in
for a big change. Agree? Thoughts?

I have been coming to the same conclusion. In fact I see the Piper Arrow
and even the Archer and Tiger in the same boat when comaperd to the
Sr20. There are definatly new plane's about to make meat out of an old
plane market. If Toyota ever comes on the market it may become real
interesting.

John Roncallo