Old November 5th 04, 02:46 AM
Newps

What is HEET? Thanks.

Automobile gas line deicer. Some say Minnesotans drink the
stuff......!

Really HEET is not needed here anymore with our mandatory gasahol.

Beware there are two versions. Be sure to get deicer only with
isopropyl alcohol. Actually to be legal, you should use aviation
grade isopropyl alcohol. but I've never seen the stuff.

I used Heet once. Had my shiny newly overhauled Cardinal about 2 weeks.
Poured in a can of Heet into the tank. Gummy blue crap came out the
fuel drain. Turns out Heet removes the blue dye from 100LL.