Old March 11th 19, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience

On Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 8:36:42 PM UTC-4, Eric Greenwell wrote:
AS wrote on 3/10/2019 9:44 AM:
All this brake/bearing/tire burning up could be drastically reduced by installing a TPM (tire pressure monitoring) system with a temperature warning. The alarm would go off way before you would see smoke because the heat transfers into the air of the tire quickly. Mine is so sensitive that it will react to the trailer rolling on black-top vs. light concrete surfaces.

What brand TPMS did you get? I very much doubt the externally mounted (screw onto
valve stem) ones I use react quickly to internal temperature changes. Of course,
if the internal temperature goes up, the pressure will go up proportionally, and
that does immediately show on the TPMS.

Hi Eric,

I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I needed one that can handle eight wheels.

Uli
'AS'