Old March 12th 19, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Struthers

Default Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience

I have towed large and heavy trailer combinations all over the UK since the

age of 17 (40 years now) and not once have I had a brake issue or for that

matter a tyre issue. We don't use chains and to be honest I not sure I
would want them as the swing of a trailer having "broken away" would
likely cause the towing vehicle to have its own accident. That I would
rather
avoid. Out of interest how many of you have had a trailer break away from
the tow vehicle and what was the cause?