Old July 24th 03, 11:04 PM
John Galban

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message ...
His biggest concern in that respect will be arguing with the
insurance company about whether dumping the plane in the water was the best
decision. Hopefully his insurance company will be better than that, but
I've heard plenty of horror stories about getting claims paid.

I hear comments like this a lot and I wonder where they come from.
The purpose of insurance is to pay for your damages, whether or not
you screwed something up. I've yet to see an insurance policy that
says, "We won't pay if you didn't make the best decision about the
site of your crash". I can't see an insurance company "arguing" with
a policy holder about this.

I've heard horror stories about claims not being paid promptly, but
it was always the result of incompetent management.

If you happen to crash while doing something contrary to your policy
(like drinking or commiting crimes), that's another story altogether.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)