Old June 14th 21, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Oxygen

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:27:06 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:51:43 PM UTC-4, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 3:37:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Working out details for a trip to NM. Mountain High seems to have a solid reputation but a fairly steep price compared to Aerox.

No joy on W&W or anywhere else. The MH system has some genuinely tantalizing figures of merit, just priced 300 bucks on the high side.

Any opinions? Better yet, anybody with a system to sell that might work?

Mountain High is the best.

http://www.craggyaero.com/edssystem1.htm

Richard,

Mark, I don't understand stand your comment about not having to wear a cannula - you'd rather wear a mask? And EDS doesn't allow cannulas?

I believe he refers to the oxy-saver "moustache" style cannula; I flew with those with an aerox system, and the EDS type is much more comfortable (and possibly stylish). I bought 2 MH older D1a's on ebay for $250, so keep an eye out there (sold one to pay for both). They don't refurbish them anymore, but they work if you watch them with a cheap pulse oximeter (~$20 at walmart). MH has a closeout/refurb section, for newer and occasionally a D1a system. I use mine for a mountain soaring camp annually, and MH products are worth the money (I flew in CO for 5 years with constant flow, and wish I'd upgraded to MH then (saves a lot of oxygen, aural warnings, works great). The second-hand market for MH pulse demand systems is pretty strong when you want to sell.