Old June 14th 21, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default SN10 Question

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:37:25 AM UTC-7, John Sinclair wrote:
On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 5:40:33 PM UTC-7, JulietUniform wrote:
After performing a leak check on my TE system, my SN10 now sounds a continuous tone after power up. (On the ground, haven’t tried in the air) It is not in speed to fly mode but is in vario mode. Prior to this it was always “silent” after start up. Have I possibly damaged an internal sensor that requires sending it in to Ilec? I have updated it to latest version 2.47.

Tell me about the “leak check” you performed? The way I do it is to remove all instruments except the airspeed indicator, then apply syringe pressure at the total energy probe. Pump it up to 100 knots as seen on the airspeed, then watch it for at least :01 minute without any drop in airspeed. Some variometers won’t tolerate that kind of pressure.
There is a good SN-10b on Glider Source with remote control and upload brick for $800 bucks, if necessary.
JJ

Oops, I use a separate airspeed when I do a leak test. If you are using the installed airspeed, you need to switch the total energy line over to the pressure side of your airspeed indicator.