Old April 1st 10, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Thank you

"Pintlar" wrote in message
Many many thanks again, Stealth Pilot.
. . . I don't even feel I need the Cessna manual as your description was
so clear and concise. I feel we'll get it done now on the first pass
(4th). I soldered up a vacumn bottle to hold the fill fluid, and a
recovery bottle to use at the (refrig) vacumn pump to recover the fluid.
. . . Now the biggest problem I see is the terribly small awkward space
under the dash. And the fact that we have to do it a minimum of four
times to be sure to purge all the air from all 4 master cylinders.
Again, thanks. . . . . charlie

Presuming that you are working on a type certified aircraft, which includes
a 100 series Cessna, and that the aircraft is registered in the United
States; there are a couple of important rules that still apply--even when
you are performing those maintenance tasks that are permissible for the
owner to perform...

I don't recall the specific language, but I do recall that you are required
to possess the appropriate documentation (manual) and to have reviewed it as
needed and that you are also required to use any tools and equipment that a
certificated mechanic would be required to use.

I'm really not trying to be a prig, but there were quite a series of
discussions between a couple of FAA safety inspectors and some of the owners
at one of the local airports near where I live--and about a hundred dollars
worth of "special" tools and a couple of manuals would have saved everyone
involved a lot of unproductive time and effort.

Peter