Old April 26th 16, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LS3a vs Pegasus

They are both easy to fly with a light stick (ailerons). The 3 seat is the most comfortable I have experienced. Handicap shows the 3 a bit better (.94 vs .955) and it lands slower with flaps down. Both have drum brakes, but they can be made acceptable by adding soft shoes and tuning (spiking the shoes). Hard to tape the 3 wing-fuselage,but the the Peg has a nice faring. I'd take the one with the best gelcoat. Oh, one more thing. The Peg has a good forward hinged canopy with instrument panel on canopy. The 3 has a floppy loose forward hinged canopy and the instrument panel doesn't raise. The 3 panel is not very large and hard to get long instruments in.
I'm sure you will enjoy either ship,
JJ